Prenatal care at Babycatcher Midwifery includes:
Each visit is about you and your individual pregnancy. We talk about all the factors that influence your pregnancy, including nutrition, emotional and physical well-being. Then your blood pressure is taken. Your urine will be checked for sugar and protein. Your weight may or may not be taken. Your baby is measured and the heartbeat monitored. Any questions you have are given real time and attention.
What can you expect from us?
- Relaxed prenatal visits, so that we can discuss your needs in pregnancy.
- Counseling on nutrition and ways to keep you “low-risk”
- Education about standard prenatal tests
- Information and help with establishing breastfeeding
- Prenatal visits: 1-2 visits the first month, then once a month from months 2-7, every other week in month 8, then weekly from week 36 until delivery
- Referrals to various resources in the community including childbirth classes.
- Homeopathic and herbal remedies as needed
- Heart felt, individualized care during labor/delivery/postpartum and newborn care
- Option to labor or deliver in water
- Postpartum home visits